The Lazy Bean are happy to process any returns and refunds as long as they are requested no longer than 14 days after we have sent the item(s). Please state your full name and order number when requesting a refund and the reason for your refund. All returns and refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Code of Conduct
The Lazy Bean ensures that when we begin to employ employees that all our employees will be paid living wage, with adequate breaks and are entitled to the maximum amount of holiday and sickness days as per the Scottish Government policies. We ensure that all our employees will be wearing easily recognisable uniforms and name tags. We support parents that are returning to work so we offer flexible hours and 'bring your children to work' schemes within reason.
The Lazy Bean ensures that when we begin to employ employees we will not discriminate against any persons age, race, gender, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, religion, belief or anything otherwise not stated. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not treat people unfairly because of reasons protected by discrimination law. Further to this, we offer 16 hour contracts to ensure people are still able to receive Universal Credit where applicable.
Health & Safety
The Lazy Bean ensures that when we begin to employ employees all employees, customers and visitors to our premise are covered by health and safety laws. We aim to provide a safe place to work with safe equipment in our coffee bar and store, and a disabled bathroom for all employees, customers and visitors to use with a suitable baby changing area.
- Once you have booked, you have a 48 'cool off' period in which you can cancel your retreat free of charge. This applies if you pay in full upfront or if you choose the payment plan option.
- We do not need a deposit if you are paying in full upon booking. However, please note: once you pay the full amount then no refunds can be processed after a 48 hour 'cool off' period as the money will already be tied up in the retreat.
- You can choose the payment plan option by quoting 'Deposit' at checkout. This will allow you to pay a 25% deposit. We will then be in contact to discuss a payment plan. You must pay the full remaining balance no later than 8 weeks before the retreat.
- If your booking is within 8 weeks of the retreat, full payment is required.
- Your booking is only confirmed once you receive confirmation from The Lazy Bean via email with a waiver and a participant information form.
- If we do not receive full payment by the 8 week deadline, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, and you will lose any money you have paid thus far as it will all already be tied up in the retreat.
- Please treat all instructors and other guests with kindness and respect throughout the retreat. There will be a zero tolerance for verbal or physical abuse.
- No Sexism, No Racism, No Ageism, No Homophobia, No Fatphobia, No Transphobia, No Hatefulness. Hate in any form throughout the retreat will result in you being asked to leave the retreat with no refund applicable.
- Our retreats are non-smoking. Smoking outside is permitted, but butts and matches should not be discarded or extinguished outside on the ground of the surrounding terraces or balcony's or in the garden, plants, or dirt. It poses a fire risk and is unsightly.
- You must take all personal property with you at the end of your retreat and you must ensure your room is as clean and tidy as you initially found it. All pictures will be taken before and after the retreat as evidence in case the holiday home owner may require any payment for damages etc. as The Lazy Bean are not responsible for damage caused by you.
- Our retreats are a no drugs zone. Zero tolerance will be taken towards drugs and substance mis-use and will result in you being asked to leave the retreat with no refund applicable.
- As with all bodies of water, please exercise caution in the pool and jacuzzi and around the pool/jacuzzi area and deck. Use of the pool and deck is at the guest’s own risk. Please exercise caution when doing any leisurely or retreat run activity in the sea, loch, lake, or river. Your insurance should cover this.